Wednesday, May 18, 2016

 Spring Trends You Don’t Want to Miss

Spring is upon us, friends!  You know what that means—time to wade through your closet.  Out with the old, in with the new!  I can’t remember if I have shared this with you all before, but on days when I’m not working at the church, I work as a fashion stylist at a small women’s clothing store.  One of my favorite things about working at the store is when we get new shipments.

We get so excited to see what’s in the boxes.  Because our clientele and our style is so broad, it’s always a mystery.  Sometimes we will open the boxes and get really excited about what we got.  Other times, the things can really disappoint us.  Regardless, we continually get new orders and lookbooks with the latest trends.  I’ve put together a list of some items you will want to grab this spring and summer.

--Converses.  Okay, I know, these have been trendy for a while.  And if you’re really cool, you’ve had them for longer than the past year (I got my first pair of black high tops in the 9th grade…just sayin).  If you don’t have a pair, get them.  They are cute tennies that match just about everything.  Plus, they come in all the colors of the rainbow—pick your favorite and make them a staple piece!  I just bought a great new mint green pair of high tops.

--Round Sunglasses.  These things looked crazy to me at first, but I tried them on and loved them.  PLUS—they also come in all kinds of fun colors.

--High-Waisted Jeans:  Not only do they come in jeans, they come in all types of pants now—even high waisted shorts.  These things have saved my life.  I told a friend the other day that I never want to wear a pair of hip huggers ever again. PTL for high waisted jeans.  Can you tell I love them?

--Turtleneck Tops: Okay, I know these tops aren’t full on turtle neck, but you get the jest.  All kinds of shirts this past winter had a high neck on them.  Well, this style is carrying over into the spring.

--Suede: Who would have thought that suede would be popular in the middle of the summer?  I loved this trend this past winter, but have to admit that I was pretty surprised when I kept pulling out suede pieces out of our shipments at the store for our new summer clothes.  People may get hot in these pieces, but at least they will be looking good!

--Fringe: Yep, you read right.  The fringe isn’t going away.  It was popular in winter, also popular this spring and summer.  We just got the cutest pair of black wedges with fringe on the side at the store—I had to buy them.  We’ve also still been getting all kinds of tops and sweaters with fringe all over them.  To be honest, I haven’t really been into this huge fringe thing, but it’s starting to grow on me.  Basically, all most all of these spring styles are from the 70’s.  Spring/Summer 2016= return of the 70’s.


Did I miss any??  Share your favorite spring/summer 2017 trends below!

No comments:

Post a Comment